We act out of Instincts.
Primitive knuckle-dragging caveman survival Instincts.
But, we are blissfully unaware of the effect these Instincts have on our daily lives.
This is the truth about human behavior.
"The truth may set you free, but first it might piss you off."
Our 8 Instincts
- Hunting Instinct
- Facts, figures, data, research, and proof.
- Gathering Instinct
- Creature comforts and immediate gratification.
- Worker Instinct
- We work crappy jobs to provide for our family.
- Warrior Instinct
- We only see black or white, friend or foe.
- Inventor Instinct
- The architects of modern civilization.
- Nurturing Instinct
- Constantly judging 'good' from 'bad'.
- Attraction Instinct
- "Does my butt look too big in these pants?"
- Mating Instinct
- It's all about bumpin and grinding.
Which Instincts Do You Act Out Of?
Hunting Instinct1. Do you delight in knowing details or facts?
2. Do you feel good when you can master a process, like using a software program or doing your taxes?
3. Do you try to find the most efficient, most effective way to do something?
Gathering Instinct1. Do you buy healthy food only to have it rot in the refrigerator while you go out to eat fast food?
2. Do you often feel panicked about money, or having enough of things?
3. If you can sleep in as long as you want to, do you?
Worker Instinct1. Do you pretty much take things with a grain of salt and not worry about stuff you can’t control?
2. Do you get up every day and go to work at some crappy job, but you keep doing it because you need the money?
3. Do you have a hobby? Do you collect things or make crafts?
Warrior Instinct1. Do you believe that there is a right way and a wrong way to do most things, and you know the right way?
2. Do you believe second place is first loser?
3. Do you get annoyed at people who get in your way and delay you?
Inventor Instinct1. Do you constantly see the way things around you could be improved?
2. Do you often feel depressed because other people cannot see things that are so obvious to you?
3. Have you ever taken something apart just to see how it works?
Nurturing Instinct1. Are you often concerned about the negative and unhealthy ways some people are living their lives?
2. Do you constantly put other people’s needs before your own?
3. Do you want to live as long as you can, and just want everyone to be happy and healthy?
Attraction Instinct1. When choosing clothes to wear, do you consider what other people, (including strangers), may think of your clothing?
2. Do you have to “make yourself presentable” before you leave the house?
3. Do you get depressed when you see pictures of yourself and realize that you are aging?
Mating Instinct1. When a member of the opposite sex, (or same sex - if you are gay), enters the room,
do you give them a once over look and rate them in your head as to whether or not you would have sex with them?
2. Have you ever had sex with someone you were not attracted to, just because you needed to have sex?
3. Are you unable to stop having affairs outside your relationship?